Relationships, Sex and Health Education (RSHE)
At The Archbishop’s School, we set out to deliver a PSHE curriculum that helps our students to gain the skills that they need to:
- make good decisions about their behaviour and lifestyle
- grow and flourish as confident and compassionate young people
- explore their future career options
- know how to keep themselves and others safe
Our PSHE curriculum overview shows the content that will be covered by KS3 and KS4 in each term. Our PSHE curriculum is linked to our school values of compassion, forgiveness, hope, perseverance and wisdom, and each term focuses on a different value.
Within PSHE lessons students are able to:
- explore and express their attitudes, beliefs, rights and responsibilities within a safe environment
- understand where they can access support
- find out how to access accurate and up to date information to help support them
- better understand how to manage risks to themselves and to others
- develop resilience, self-confidence, self-esteem and empathy
- consider how our school values of compassion, forgiveness, perseverance, hope and wisdom are fundamental to their lives both inside and outside of school
Samples of our PSHE/RSE resources are available to view by request. Please contact the school to make an appointment to come in and view these.
To view our latest Relationships, Sex, Health and Education Policy, which also contains our curriculum plan, please CLICK HERE.