Mr W Ball
Mathematics Teacher, Head of Sixth Form and Careers Lead
The Archbishop's School has a statutory duty to adhere to the Careers Strategy and the Statutory Guidance published in 2018 and is working towards achieving the eight Gatsby Benchmarks by 2023-2024.
The Archbishop's School has a vision of ‘Enter to Learn, Go Forth to Serve’ and this is supported by our values of hope, compassion, wisdom, perseverance and forgiveness, which are transparent through our students, staff, parents/carers and community, and reflected in our commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
At The Archbishop’s School, the careers programme includes a range of opportunities, instruction and experiences including:
- Visiting speakers provide exposure to the world of work.
- Developing work-place awareness and people skills through volunteering in the Duke of Edinburgh programme from Year 9 onwards.
- PSHE programme covers personal health and social education necessary for working with others and employability as well as the citizenship aspects of economic self-sufficiency and contributing to the common good through work and tax contributions.
- Advice and guidance at Year 8 into 9 and Year 9 into 10 curriculum decisions’ evening. This includes consideration of the appropriate correlation between curriculum areas and careers.
- Entrepreneurial opportunities promoted regularly through the BTEC enterprise, the Young Enterprise Programme and annual assemblies and through opportunities for entrepreneurialism at a range of school functions.
- Connection with CXK and a delegated professional link person.
- PSHE programme in sixth form covers life after school and students write personal statements and compile qualification and experience portfolios.
- Regular in contact with professionals and apprenticeship providers.
Further information about the school’s careers programme can be accessed by making contact with Mr W Ball.
We will review and update the information at the end of Term 3 and Term 6, as part of a review cycle.
The impact and success of the careers programme can be seen in the school’s destination data and is also actively monitored through student surveys. The school aims to meet all of the Government approved Gatsby benchmarks. Further information about this can be found here:
|Careers Curriculum Learning Journey
|21st Nov 2022
|Application for Provider Access
|03rd Aug 2023
|Careers Information and Links
|09th Oct 2023
|Current Labour Market Information
|19th Oct 2023
|The Archbishop's School CEIAG Strategic Plan - Updated October 2023
|30th Oct 2023