All students who have been offered a year 7 place at The Archbishop’s School are invited into the school for a week in July (transition week) to meet their new tutor and experience a typical day. Some vulnerable students will visit the school on a number of occasions to allow them to become familiar with key staff.
There will be additional support for students who are likely to struggle with the move to the secondary environment. This may also include students who are coming alone or with very few other students from their primary school. These students will be identified by their primary school and members of our staff will liaise with each primary school to fully understand the needs of these individuals.
Why do we have a transition programme?
Our transition programme is designed to ensure that our new students:
- will be extremely enthusiastic about starting and feel ‘special’
- are eager to ask questions
- are able to air their worries and discuss fears with like-minded children
- enjoy meeting and getting to know school staff
- meet current students who have been through the transition process before
- form friendships within their tutor groups
- mix with students from different primaries
- feel a huge confidence boost, especially from frequent visits to the school
- understand the school site and environment
We will send out more details on transition dates as soon as we have them but if you have any concerns or queries, please direct them to Ms Sarah Sparkes -Year 7 Student Support Manager on email@example.com
We will also be posting news, information and resources on the website so please start visiting this page on a regular basis.